Law governing Inclusive Travel Packages
The combination of travel services offered to you is considered an Inclusive Travel Package and is governed by the EU Directive 2015/2302
Therefore, you can take advantage of all EU rights that apply to an Inclusive Travel Package. The company Estrel Hotel-Betriebs-GmbH bears full responsibility for the proper implementation of the entire Inclusive Travel Package.
In addition, the company Estrel Hotel-Betriebs-GmbH has the legally required insurance to cover the reimbursement of your payments and, if transportation is included in the Inclusive Travel Package, to ensure your return transportation in the event of insolvency.
The Key Points of the EU Directive 2015/2302:
- Travelers are to receive all essential information about the Inclusive Travel Package before the Inclusive Travel Package contract is concluded.
- A minimum of at least one company is liable for the proper provision of all travel services included in the contract. Travelers are to be provided with an emergency telephone number or point of contact through which they can contact the package operator or travel agent.
- The travelers can transfer the Inclusive Travel Package - within a reasonable time and possibly at additional cost - to another person.
- The price of the Inclusive Travel Package may only be increased if certain costs (for example, fuel prices) increase and only if this eventuality is expressly stated in the contract, and in any case no later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the original Inclusive Travel Package price, the traveler may withdraw from the contract. Just as the package operator has the right to increase the prices, the traveler also has a right to a price reduction if the corresponding costs decrease.
- Travelers may withdraw from the contract without paying a cancellation fee and receive a full refund of all payments if any of the essential elements of the Inclusive Travel Package, other than the price, is significantly changed. If the operator responsible for the Inclusive Travel Package cancels the package before it begins, travelers are entitled to a refund and, under certain circumstances, compensation.
- Travelers may withdraw from the contract without paying a cancellation fee if extraordinary circumstances arise before the start of the Inclusive Travel Package, for example, if there are serious security concerns at the destination that are likely to affect the Inclusive Travel Package.
- In addition, travelers may withdraw from the contract at any time before the start of the Inclusive Travel Package upon payment of a reasonable and justifiable cancellation fee.
- If, after the start of the Inclusive Travel Package, essential elements of the package cannot be fulfilled as agreed, reasonable other arrangements shall be offered to the traveler at no additional cost. If services are not provided in accordance with the contract and the package operator fails to remedy the situation and this failure has significant impact on the fulfillment of the Inclusive Travel Package, the traveler may terminate the contract without paying a cancellation fee. (In the Federal Republic of Germany this right is called "Kündigung".)
- The traveler is entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation if the travel services are not provided or not provided in keeping with the contractually agreed upon services.
- The package operator shall provide assistance to the traveler if the latter is in difficulty.
Stand | July 2018